Boundless Book Reviews's Reviews > Forgotten Bones

Forgotten Bones by Vivian Barz

bookshelves: mystery, suspense, thriller, stormi-s-reviews

A body popping up isn't a big deal to a cop, but when it happens in a small town, it's just that. Susan is called out on a traffic accident, and soon she is in the midst of a mystery with a young boy's buried body. Soon that young boy turns into more buried children on a local farm nearby. Eric has schizophrenia but has control of his disease. Soon enough, after some major personal issues, he finds himself not so in control when he begins seeing a young boy. As the fates would have it, he soon teams up with Susan after he realizes he isn't having an episode but is being "haunted" by a child from her case. Soon this small town will be rocked by the gruesome truth.

Wow. This story was action packed from beginning to end. The way it is written it's almost like two stories that collide into one. It doesn't hurt the story though it just adds to the appeal. This story was a good read. It was mysterious and scary. I read a lot of horror books, and this one gave me chills more than once. I loved the characters. Susan was great with her "I'll do it anyway" attitude. Eric was by far my favorite. His side of the story, maybe because of the disease, was scary yet comical at times. He was awesome!

Overall, if you want a well-written story that will keep you guessing till the end...Read this book. If you want one that is filled with action and will scare you...Read this book. I promise you will not be disappointed. I hope that these two, who make a very "crazy" (haha) team will come back together in another book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten Bones.

Started Reading