Angela's Reviews > Born To Darkness

Born To Darkness by Suzanne Brockmann
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born To Darkness.

March 10, 2012 – Shelved
December 24, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
July 11, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read-reshelved
November 5, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
April 12, 2018 – Shelved as: tbr-lost-interest

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Did you realise this is linked to her Night Sky series? We should add it to our buddy read mountain :o) (Although I'm going to go ahead and read Night Sky because I've been waiting to start that one forever. Hurry up and come back - I miss you!!!)

message 2: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela It IS linked to her Night Sky series?? Oh man. My reading list is OUT OF CONTROL!!

I've missed you so much!!!! *tackles*

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I think it's only loosely linked (set in the same world) but I'm not 100% sure. I'm reading Night Sky now & I'm not having a problem because I've not read this one so hopefully it won't matter if we don't read both. This series does look good though, I bought the prequel short story the other day so I can give it a try LOL

message 4: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela LOL! Well, I'm glad there's not a problem with them being linked! We definitely need to add them to our buddy read MOUNTAIN though ;)

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Of course we do, our mountain has been neglected recently - we need to start building it again LOL

message 6: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela We need to start READING from it again!!! LOL

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Well I HAVE been - you just keep forgetting to join me LOL.

message 8: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela *hangs head*

I know. I know. I've been so bad about reading. I suck.

LOL

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah LOL I'll forgive you :o) We just need to get ourselves in gear and decide what we're going to buddy read next. Do you have any preference? I probably won't have time until either the weekend or early next week though if that's OK?

message 10: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela LMAO!

I have no real preference - and that time frame works for me because I'm going to try and finish up Golden Son. :D

Is there anything that we should be reading to review? If not, I'll take a quick look at our list and see if anything stands out.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah YOU HAVE GOLDEN SON????!!!!! OMG I'm sooooo jealous lol. I've been begging the UK publisher for a proof but they ran out & are waiting for more to be printed. I'm thinking of rereading Red Rising this week so I'm ready for it though :-)

message 12: by Angela (last edited Nov 18, 2014 08:09AM) (new) - added it

Angela I was SO shocked and surprised (and ecstatic!!!) when I came home and found a package from the publisher!! I had to stroke the book for a while! ^_^

I'm trying to hold off reading it until I have a large chunk of time (this weekend probably), but after seeing Cory's updates I don't think I'll be able to wait to start...

Are they printing more proofs?? I really hope you get one!!

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah That would be an amazing surprise parcel!! I shall look forward to your updates. I saw the U.S. publisher had put it on netgalley but it won't let me request it & I'm not sure why :-(

The UK pub promised me more proofs are on the way & that I'm at the top of the list so hopefully I won't have to wait too long. I've been grovelling lol

message 14: by Angela (last edited Nov 18, 2014 08:22AM) (new) - added it

Angela It's not letting anyone request it on NetGalley - it gives me the option to let the publisher know that I'd like it on NetGalley but that's it. I'm not sure the purpose of that, because I've never seen a book that has that "let us know you want it" option actually show up as available to request on NetGalley. LOL

I had absolutely NO shame in grovelling and begging for the ARC of Golden Son - LOL

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah That's exactly the message I get! I've never had that message before but figured it was because I'm in the UK. Very weird.

I have no shame either when it comes to this series LOL

message 16: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela I've seen that message on a few other books on NetGalley, but I've never seen them become available for request, so I think it's pointless.

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Darn it! I've been hoping the status would change but so far nothing *sigh*