Billy Buttons's Reviews > Amaskan's War

Amaskan's War by Raven Oak

This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:
Title: Amaskan's War

Writing Style: 8/10
Content: 9/10
Cover: 9/10
Of the 16 readers:
15 would read another book by this author.
16 thought the cover was good or excellent.
13 felt it was easy to follow.
15 would recommend this story to another reader to try.
8 felt the author’s strongest skill was ‘plotting a story’.
8 felt the author’s strongest skill was ‘developing the characters’.
14 felt the pacing was good or excellent.
15 thought the author understood the readership and what they wanted.

Readers’ Comments
‘There’s a sort of political element to the story which is the most interesting part. This is a book of intrigue as opposed to non-stop adventure. A clever take on the usual fantasy.’ Female reader, aged 15
‘Loved it! I am now reading the first in the set. I hope there’s going to be a book 3. I think from the ending of book 2, there will be.’ Boy, aged 14
‘This writer seems to know what teenagers enjoy reading, although I could imagine adults enjoying this too.’ Girl, aged 16
‘This is a plot-driven novel. It’s the sort of book you just want to know what happens next.’ Boy, aged 14
‘Interesting adventure story. The plot surprised me and I liked Margaret and how she is trying to be strong and outsmart the enemy. The second half of the book is the most exciting.’ Boy, aged 15
‘Very exciting. I loved the first and this is good too. I like how the hero, Margaret, must battle to show how smart she is in a world controlled by men. Hmm, maybe it’s not a fantasy after all!’ Girl, aged 16

To Sum It Up:
‘A suspense-filled YA fantasy adventure set in a complex fantasy world. A FINALIST and highly recommended.’ The Wishing Shelf Book Awards

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amaskan's War.

Finished Reading