Claire Kingsley's Reviews > Love According to Science

Love According to Science by Claire Kingsley

(Review from the author)

Love According to Science: A Hot Enemies to Lovers Romantic Comedy

Corban Nash: sexy nerd in hate-lust with his sworn enemy. Claims to have cracked the code to falling in love. Hazel Kiegen: brilliant but awkward. Determined to prove Corban wrong.

When these two rivals come face to face, the banter is witty, the tension is delicious, and the sparks are scorching hot.

Amazon

Universal link

description

READ A STEAMY EXCERPT FROM LOVE ACCORDING TO SCIENCE

I let out a breath and crouched down to pick up the papers strewn around my feet. Corban helped me scoop them up and I stood, tapping them into a neat pile as best I could. I’d have to reorganize everything at my desk.

“Um, Hazel?”

“Yes?”

He cleared his throat.

I took my copies off the paper tray and tucked them into a folder. “What?”

“Your, um… buttons.”

I looked at him first, before his words registered. His eyes flicked down to my chest and suddenly everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. His tongue did a tantalizing dance across his lower lip, drawing it into his mouth. Then he caught it with his teeth in a bite that sent a very unexpected rush of heat straight between my legs.

Suppressing a gasp, I clenched my thighs. And then I realized what he’d just said. My buttons.

I glanced down and sure enough, not just one, but two of my shirt buttons had popped open while I’d been gathering my papers off the floor.

I’d already worn my shirt with the top button undone—perfectly work-appropriate—but with the loss of two more, my chest was on full display. With all the sexually frustrated baking I’d been doing lately, I’d put on a few pounds, and most of it had gone to my boobs. If a girl had to gain a little weight, that wasn’t a bad place for it. But it also meant my clothes didn’t fit quite as well in the chest.

And right now, my boobs were not only spilling out of my open shirt, they seemed to be trying their hardest to pop right out of my bra cups.

I stood frozen. Transfixed by the predatory gleam in Corban’s eyes. By the conflict I could see raging through him. I could feel the effort it took for him to tear his gaze away and a part of me, way in the back of my brain, recognized that for the gentlemanly action that it was.

Then he made eye contact.

A potent mix of intense desire and irritation poured through me. How dare he sneak up on me and make me drop my things so I had to bend over and make the buttons on my shirt pop open so he got a good look at my boobs!

“Why are you even here?” I snapped.

“I was working.”

“You shouldn’t have scared me.”

He took a step closer. “It was an accident.”

The pressure between my legs grew, his proximity in the small space making my entire body tingle. Almost involuntarily, my eyes darted to his groin. The tenting in his slacks was unmistakable.

And impressive.

He inched toward me, adjusting his glasses. The whirlpool sensation in my belly left me feeling light-headed and tingly. I was well aware that my shirt was still open and I wasn’t making any attempt to fix it. But the closer he got, the harder my heart beat, and the more the pressure between my legs begged me to do something about it.

Something crazy.

Something reckless.

Something so ill-advised I was angry at myself for even thinking it.

Angry at him for making me think it.

I had to break the spell, so I reached for that anger, grabbing it and holding it tight. “Your research is bad, and you have no business being here.”

But the words I threw at him did not have their desired effect. He didn’t back away. He didn’t even stop. He took another step closer, his eyes locked with mine, his jaw set.

“You’re too close-minded and can’t admit when you’re wrong.”

“You think you can distract me with your… gifts.” I glanced at the bulge in his pants again. “But it won’t work.”

“You’re the one trying to distract me with… all this.” His eyes flicked down. “It’s very unfair.”

He moved closer, so close we were almost touching, and my body tensed with anticipation.

“I don’t like you,” I whispered.

“Good. I don’t like you either.”

His mouth crashed into mine, his lips firm. I grabbed his shirt and yanked him against me, meeting his angry kiss with my own. He wrapped his hand around the back of my neck, holding me in place, and invaded my mouth with his tongue. The wet, velvety softness slid against mine.

God, he knew how to kiss. Damn him.

He shoved his thigh between my legs, forcing them apart. My skirt rode up and I moaned into his mouth at the sudden pressure against my clit.

Do not dry hump his leg, Hazel. Do not.

Obviously I did.

With a fleeting thought that I’d forgive myself for this later because I was that desperate for an orgasm, I tilted my hips and ground myself against his thigh.

Oh dear god yes. The friction and pressure were just what I needed.

He growled into my mouth, still kissing me, and grabbed my backside. With his fingers digging into my ass cheek, he pressed me against his thigh, encouraging my movement.
The throbbing pressure between my legs was blindingly intense. Holding me tight, he rubbed me against his leg in a steady rhythm, helping me chase the orgasm that was already tantalizingly close.

Wait, helping me?

He wanted me to come. He wanted to give me an orgasm, right here. Fully clothed. Using his leg.

Oh no. I was not going to be a good, cooperative girl. Not for Corban Nash.

I sank my teeth into his lower lip and he grunted, pulling me tighter against him. The hard thickness of his arousal dug into my belly, an invitation too tempting to resist. I slid my palm down his body and wrapped my hand around his cock through his pants.

He grunted again, the noise rumbling in his throat, and squeezed my ass cheek harder.

“I still don’t like you,” I said, my voice breathy.

“Me neither,” he growled. Fisting his hand in the back of my hair, he tilted my head to the side. Scraped his teeth down my neck. “But I’m going to make you come anyway.”

“No you’re not.” Yes, please make me come, Corban. Please.

He kept nibbling and licking my skin, his thigh still firmly planted between my legs. His other hand slid to my breast and he rubbed my hard nipple through the thin fabric of my bra. It was stupidly unfair how good he was at this.

“Yes, I am. Tell me you want it, Hazel.”

Shuddering, I moaned.

We couldn’t. We were at work.

And I couldn’t give in. Not to him.

But it was late. We were alone.

And this felt so good.

“Say it.” His fist tightened in my hair and he sucked on my neck. “I have to hear you say yes.”
I did want it. I wanted it more than I wanted to be right. More than I wanted to win.

“Yes.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love According to Science.

July 31, 2019 – Started Reading
July 31, 2019 – Shelved
January 22, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Jessica Hot damn! If that don't draw readers attention to this amazing book I don't know what will!

message 2: by Kait (new) - added it

Kait Oh my goodness. Had I not just downloaded this book I’d be running to amazon to download it ASAP. Dear work I am sick *cough cough* I need to read this ASAP

message 3: by Diana (new) - added it

Diana Brambley I couldn’t put it down. Loved corban and Hazel’s story!

message 4: by Chevi (new) - added it

Chevi This scene was aMAzing!!! I feel like I backtracked just to reread it at some point last night! I'm only halfway through but you are nailing it again Claire!!! This book is melting my kindle into a sticky, gooey puddle!! *orders 20 fans off Amazon to help with all the heat*