Elaine's Reviews > Birth of The Mortokai: The First Chronicle of Daniel Welsh

Birth of The Mortokai by Desmond Palmer

32020643
I definitely don't want to give spoilers away for this one but I'll just say, "Wow!" The story starts magically, goes to school where there's bullying, has unexpected revelations both at home and school that are followed by a kind act that leads to a journey that is the real start of this superb story.

The imagery in this book is superb, the author skilfully uses descriptive language to paint pictures in the imagination of the reader. There's also great world building, creating different realms and beings with magic, mischief, danger and destiny in a fascinating fantasy that had me turning the pages, never knowing what new twist might occur.

This is the start of a compelling new series, potentially the next young adult Harry Potteresque series with mayhem, mystery and malice mixed together to form an enthralling story that I want to continue to read. If you enjoy action packed, magical fantasy adventures like I do, I highly recommend you read this!

I requested and was gifted a copy of this book and this is my honest review after choosing to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Birth of The Mortokai.

July 30, 2019 – Started Reading