Mardell Bonasso's Reviews > In the Surf

In the Surf by Maggie Jane Schuler

This book needs to come with a tissue warning! For a short story, this has all the feels! What an emotionally charged story of friendship, love, loss and survival during a tragic time. Liam struggles with the loss of his best friend, Byron, while trying his best to be supportive to not only his family but Eva and Hunter, Byron's wife and child, as well. From the first page of the foreword to the last page, I was riveted. I am so looking forward to reading the next book, Along the Shore, about Eva and Hunters struggles. The foreword and afterword were so touching. I cannot begin to imagine what the author of the foreword has gone through but to put it out there to help others is so brave, 5 stars and lots of hugs, for them. The afterword is a glimpse into a bit of how suicide has touched the life of Maggie Jane Schuler and her family. Again 5 stars and lots of hugs to them! The statistics and symptoms should not be skipped over. We all need to be aware of this rising epidemic. Fifteen stars to this short, emotionally charged story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Surf.

Finished Reading