Sarah E.'s Reviews > Glitch

Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

Mar 10, 2012

Right away, I was hooked on the circumstances of Glitch. The Community Corp has taken the liberties of rescuing people (and putting them in a controlled environment underground) from the nuclear war that destroyed the Old World. Each person is given a V-chip that suppresses their emotions. They are Linked In and all is orderly.

Then there are people who "glitch" - who somehow are able to override the V-chip. Zoel, a 17 year old, has been glitching for a few months. So far, she has successfully hidden it. The population has been programmed to report anomalies, like Zoel's glitching.

Anastasiu did an amazing job creating a dystopian world and such intriqute characters. Zoel is such a great heroine - she wants to save not only glitchers, but everyone else too. She wants people to be free. Free from the Community Corp and the V-chips.

Adrien has to be one of my favorite guy leads in YA to date. He was everything a strong male lead should be. Maximin was everything you would want in a confused, highly emotional teenage boy. And I absolutely adore books where you find out the who-dun-it and then a new villian arises that could possibly be even worse than the first villian! There were so many unbelievable twist and turns throughout the book - it had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through!

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for letting me get my paws on this book!

I highly recommend this to readers who loved Hunger Games, Divergent, and Delirium.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glitch.

March 10, 2012 – Shelved
June 11, 2012 – Started Reading
June 11, 2012 –
page 12
June 12, 2012 –
page 36
June 12, 2012 –
page 58
15.63% "I'm really liking this book so far. Not sure how I feel about the curse word substitutes though LOL"
page 98
page 121
page 160
page 224
60.38% "Ohh Maximin is a douchebag."
page 260
70.08% "This is written so incredibly well. Wow."
page 280
page 314
84.64% "Adrien has got to one of my most favorite YA guys ever!"
June 14, 2012 – Finished Reading
December 26, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley-read
December 26, 2016 – Shelved as: read-netgalley

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) Huh, u liked it better than I did!