The Mysterious Reader's Reviews > Knightmare

Knightmare by Shayne Silvers

Shayne Silvers’ Nate Temple series is easily among my all-time favorites for urban fantasy. As for the lead character here, I used apply what I called my “Dresden test” to this kind of book, looking to see how the lead character stacks up against Jim Butler’s Harry Dresden. Well, nowadays it’s been relabeled my “Nate Temple Test” so that gives you a hint of just how much I adore Mr. Temple. Knightmare (Book 12) shows precisely why this is so. I mean not only does Nate have to deal with vengeful god hunting him, but Mordred (yes, the one from the Arthurian legends) is back having corrupted the legendary Knights of the Round Table into freaking scary killing machines (the eponymous Knightmares) who are now also aiming to get Nate. A fantastic tale ensues, filled with suspense, thrills, action, great characters and a perfect plot. Frankly, but for the fact that I’m literally dictating this review to my husband from my hospital bed I could go on and on with praises. The book definitely deserves it. Since I can’t do that I will simply note that the book is most definitely one to read, and it is easy to highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knightmare.

Finished Reading