Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Stutter

Stutter by A. Zavarelli

A solid wrap up, but less suspenseful than the first book

First off, I really enjoyed this duet. Let's get that out of the way. The suspense was great (particularly in the first book), and I loved Ryland and Brighton. I think the author did an amazing job with the supporting characters, the back stories, and incorporating multiple mysteries to keep me intrigued. For each answer that was revealed, several others remained.
That said, the second book (again, still great) didn't sing quite as loud for me. The suspense I felt in the first one- the anticipation of one of my most favorite tropes (secret baby- oh, baby!), and the joy of having been gifted one of my other favorite tropes (forced/coerced relationship), would have been hard to top. I acknowledge that. Echo is a hard act to follow. I tore through it like a hurricane, damn near shaking with anticipation for Stutter as I wrote my review.
Overall, still a five-star duet. Although, that is due to my overwhelming love for Echo since Stutter wasn't quite as great as Echo for me. The suspense was still there, but just not quite as high.
I definitely recommend this duet if you are a fan of forced relationships, secret babies, dark alpha heroes, and solid writing.
Recommended!

Find me at:
Facebook: https://fb.me/amandamariereads
Blog: http://amandamariereads.blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stutter.

July 30, 2019 – Started Reading