destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]'s Reviews > Miss You Love You Hate You Bye

Miss You Love You Hate You Bye by Abby Sher

DNF

No rating because 1) I definitely didn't make it far enough in to justify a rating, and 2) it might just be that I'm not the right reader for this one. I really didn't enjoy the narrative voice of Hank or Zoe's sections, and Hank's obsession with Zoe (down to even saying she chose certain, er... body hair styles so she could look just like Zoe in that aspect) was super cringe-inducing and not pleasant to read. It felt like I was supposed to be reading characters in their mid- to late-teens but they sounded and talked like they were 11-12 years old (I had to double-check twice to make sure it wasn't a MG book).

Anyways, I couldn't do it, sorry.

Thank you so much to the publisher for providing me with this finished copy in exchange for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss You Love You Hate You Bye.

July 30, 2019 – Shelved
July 30, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
July 30, 2019 – Shelved as: owned-ebooks
January 26, 2020 – Shelved as: dnf
January 26, 2020 – Shelved as: early-ya
January 26, 2020 – Shelved as: young-adult
February 16, 2020 – Shelved as: review-copies

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jillyn (new) - added it

Jillyn I haven't written my review yet but " super cringe-inducing and not pleasant to read" does a pretty good job summing it up.

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries] Jillyn wrote: "I haven't written my review yet but " super cringe-inducing and not pleasant to read" does a pretty good job summing it up."

LMAO thank you!