Michael Sahd's Reviews > Einstein's Beach House

Einstein's Beach House by Jacob M. Appel

bookshelves: books-i-own

These are the kind of stories I can jive with. A collection of strange tales that border believably. Nothing too out there, nothing that couldn't happen, but most certainly quirky. Appel has a sense of humor that resonates with me. As my wife so aptly put it, "I could be friends with this guy."

The book had eight short stories, including one called Einstein's Beach House, the namesake. Some of the stories were frightening in subtle ways, others were hilarious, and some made you think. I tend to like dark and gritty themes, and although not all the stories fit this description, I still loved them. However, The Rod of Asclepius certainly aligned with my tastes. It was like sipping that first bit of coffee in the morning. That sensation of, "Ah, so good." If coffee isn't your thing (you should get your head checked), think of it as getting your back massaged. That satisfying, relaxing feeling you . . . you get the point. I really like this story.

Go for it, take a plunge. The water's fine!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Einstein's Beach House.

July 30, 2019 – Started Reading