Fizza's Reviews > What a Scot Wants

What a Scot Wants by Amalie Howard

bookshelves: historical-romance

I loved this story. It's interesting, funny at times, but also quite dark at others. All in all, this is a great read and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys good historical fiction.
Duke Ronan Maclaren doesn't want to be shackled because of forced marriage. In fact, he doesn't want to marry at all and that's why he is livid when he finds out the terms of his father's will. It's either marry Lady Imogen Kinley or lose everything he holds dear. Well, one thing is clear he must find a way out of this unwanted betrothal no matter what. And that's exactly he would do.
Imogen has been enjoying her freedom. She is looking forward to getting all of her inheritance soon and then she would be able to help as many women in need as she could. Unfortunately, that seems like an impossibility now. Because of some silly contract, she must marry Ronan or lose all of her inheritance. Well, she isn't some helpless woman, she will make sure that this marriage never happens. But she must also make sure that she isn't cheated out of her own dowry.
It's going to be a clash of will between Ronan and Imogen. But then new threat surfaces and things get far more complicated than either of them want. Will they be able to deal with everything and achieve their goals or are they both doomed to an unhappy marriage alliance.
The novel is very well-written. I liked all the characters, especially the main characters. The story is well-paced and I found it a highly entertaining read.
P.S. I received a complimentary copy of this book via Net Galley.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What a Scot Wants.

July 30, 2019 – Started Reading