Jodi's Reviews > Fluoride: Drinking Ourselves To Death?

Fluoride by Barry Groves

Mar 09, 2012

bookshelves: health-books

This book is essential reading if you drink fluoridated water without a fluoride removing water filter.

Barry Groves one by one refutes every single argument made by the dental establishment and others in favour of fluoridation.

He also very convincingly lays out all the health problems that are caused or made worse by drinking fluoridated water.

In short, fluoride is a cumulatively toxic substance that is more toxic than lead, does not reduce the rate of dental decay, and a high intake can lead to osteoporosis and cancer and is particularly problematic for babies in-utero, small children, those with kidney, cardiovascular and autoimmune diseases and the elderly. It can cause low IQ in children, kidney damage, thyroid gland suppression, contributes to many cancer deaths and no safe level has been determined. Fluoride also makes teeth more brittle and likely to shatter, and so dentists make more money where water is fluoridated, the author explains. Fluoridation of water supplies is also expensive.

Fluoride in water is toxic industrial waste. Early research proving fluoride benefits was seriously flawed and the US paid other countries to fluoridate their water supplies. There is enough fluoride in a tube of toothpaste to kill a small child and deaths from fluoride in small children are not isolated incidents. Dosing water with fluoride indiscriminately is unethical and scientifically unsupportable.

Where it is possible to openly discuss and debate fluoridated water the practice is banned, this book explains, and adds that the fluoridation of our water supplies is one of the biggest medical scams. Most people do not want fluoridated water and the long list of professionals that have taken a firm stand against fluoride is impressive and includes 16 Nobel prize winners.

The book also discusses about supplements you can take to minimise the damage caused by fluoride, how fluoride toxicity can be tested for and the other high-fluoride foods and drinks to avoid.

The book is very easy to read, very well researched and referenced and very compelling and convincing. Even if you have read a lot about fluoride in chapters of books before, this book is still a worthwhile read as it really goes into depth on the subject and so you are sure to learn something new.

I learned an enormous amount by reading this book and recommend it to others. It's so well done and all of us really need to know this information.

Until sanity prevails and none of our water supplies are medicated with fluoride without our consent, we each need to do what we can to minimise our exposure. That starts with buying a fluoride removing water filter. They aren't cheap, but better pay a bit of money for a decent fluoride removing filter (reverse osmosis or a distiller with an attached carbon filter) than letting your body be the filter and ending up with worsened health problems that may be irreversible.

Jodi Bassett, The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fluoride.