Carroll Blair's Reviews > Chasing Eden A Memoir

Chasing Eden A Memoir by Cherilyn Christen Clough

U 50x66

In this hauntingly beautiful memoir, abuse and neglect are not vehicles for blame or pity. Cherilyn readily gained my trust - as I identified with a precocious toddler whose spirit was cramped but not crushed. The vivid imagery caused me to flinch at harsh conditions and marvel that a spark of sanity survived the confusion of being trapped in a narcissist's web. I held my breath with suspense on this roller-coaster journey, a hard-fought battle for truth and wholeness, and took deep breaths at moments of joy and discovery. Surprisingly, although God's name was used to justify bad behavior, the child/adolescent became discouraged but not cynical. Truth is a desperate quest and an astonishingly rare commodity in the small orbit this young girl inhabited. Her struggle to break free moved me deeply. As an avid reader for decades, I was almost as eager to move through the chapters as the author must have been to fulfill her dreams. If you're a survivor, you will be inspired. If you enjoy good writing, you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend this book that impacted my life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Eden A Memoir.

Finished Reading