Heather's Reviews > Good Guy

Good Guy by Kate Meader

liked it
bookshelves: reviewed

This is the first book in a new spin-off series, the Rooking Rebels. While this book is technically a new series, I do recommend reading the original series, the Rebels, just so you can get a feel for the uniqueness of this pro hockey team. Normally, I very much enjoy Kate Meader's novels. However, I almost feel that in this novel, she was trying to tackle too many issues in one story. So much so that the romance between Jordan and Levi at times was pushed aside. In this and in the previous Rebel novels, gender equality was a big factor but she went on to include other topics including homelessness, domestic violence, and social media issues. And while all of these are serious issues, issues that deserve attention, maybe there a few too many topics to tackle in one romance novel. That said, there was still plenty to enjoy in this first book, one of which being the supporting characters. Gotta love how much all of the hockey players are obsessed with the story line of Days of Our Lives! I am looking forward to more in the series, particularly Theo's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Guy.

July 27, 2019 – Started Reading