Sasha's Reviews > Dukes to the Left of Me, Princes to the Right

Dukes to the Left of Me, Princes to the Right by Kieran Kramer

liked it

For the most part this book was a fun read. Most of what I know about the Regency period has come from Regency novels, so to put it bluntly, I don't know a whole lot, but even I knew that this book wasn't factual. Mind you, if I was looking for that I could go read Georgette Heyer, who really did her homework, or someone from the Regency period. Moving on, I was a little uncomfortable with the beginning, since I felt it felt more forced attentions than overcome with passion type displays, but quickly moved over that. They were a lively and passionate couple, but sometimes I got burnt out on their discussions. I do love Poppy's family, friends, and background characters, as I thought they were a lot of fun.

Also, for a good portion of the book it reminded me of What Happens in London, with a society girl who gets proposed to a lot but turns them down looking for love, spy with a drunkard brother, Russian royalty, playing nice with others because your orders tell you too, etc. WHiL is one of my favorite romance novels, so it doesn't ever get out of the shadow of it. Still, a fun read and I did really enjoy the first in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dukes to the Left of Me, Princes to the Right.

November 13, 2011 – Shelved