Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading's Reviews > High Treason

High Treason by Casey L. Bond

High Treason is the fifth and final book in the High Stakes Saga and cannot be read as a stand alone. It begins where book four left off.

As all of the Assets finally make it back to their time, they arrive to find things even worse than when they first jumped. Everything lies in ruin and most humans have either been killed, turned into vampires or are starving in Victor Danone’s compound.

Eve isn’t the same, either. And her mission is ending Kael Frost and Victor Dantone. She’s torn between wanting justice and freeing those left in the city from their rule and becoming the monster she saw in her vision if she allows herself to tap into all she is to take them down.

Victor also has a few tricks up his sleeve and is ready for all that the Nephilim siblings and Eve are ready to throw at him.

Which is the side of good? Is there a way for peace between the humans and the Nephilim and those they’ve sired? Will Eve retain her humanity now that eerything has changed and embracing her inner monster may be the only way to save those she cares about most?

High Treason was action packed from the first to the last page. There were so many shocking moments and reveals and twists and turns that my head was spinning in the best of ways. Readers won’t know what hit them.

I love that the author finishes out every characters story (both good and bad) so that readers who have worked through the series feel completely satisfied with loose ends being tied up . . . and, I will say that it doesn’t necessarily wrap up as I thought it would, and I still feel totally satisfied and actually pretty darn excited that I had to read to the end to see how things would play out.

Casey L. Bond outdid herself with this series and I loved every minute of it. 5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read High Treason.

Started Reading