RachelW (BamaGal)'s Reviews > Bad Turn

Bad Turn by Zoë Sharp

This is the Charlie Fox I like. Working for herself (well, under a bit of duress) and not in the convoluted entanglements of working for Parker. And as much as I liked Sean and Charlie together, their relationship the last few books had been been too full of suspicion and drama. Charlie is on her own again, kicking butt and doing it under her own rules. That’s just the way I like it. Nice twist at the end. I had completely forgotten and wasn’t expecting it. I’m hopeful that Charlie is finally free of both Epps and Parker. Both those storylines have run their course.

Good story, fantastic series, and great to see the Charlie of the early books. The series shows no signs of wearing thin. If anything, it’s been revitalized and going in a fresh new direction. I wouldn’t mind if she met back up with Sean again...if she starts up a new relationship with the new Sean, and not dredge back up the long, drawn out issues of their previous relationship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Turn.

July 28, 2019 – Started Reading
July 28, 2019 – Shelved
July 29, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Maureen Carden Good review! I actually really like Parker, but I'm thinking if she goes home that she might hook up with Madeleine's agency. I'm already anxious for the next book.

message 2: by RachelW (BamaGal) (last edited Aug 04, 2019 12:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

RachelW (BamaGal) Thanks. I think Charlie is done with Parker. All he did was use her and lie to her. He tried to seduce her on one hand while stabbing her in the back with the other. Sean was pretty hateful to her, but it was the new Sean rather than the old one. Honestly, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if she just moved on with her life solo.

I agree about Madeleine’s agency, and also think she may well end up back there. I have a feeling Sean will, too. I’m not looking forward to more drama with her parents, though. I am really happy that the series is still fresh and interesting after this many books.

Maureen Carden Ms Sharp will keep surprising us. I also like her new series.

Linda I agree with you, N, about Parker in particular. Frankly, given how he manipulated, used, and essentially abandoned Charlie in the last book, not to mention his reaction to her resignation, I was surprised Charlie was as warm towards him as she was in this story. I look forward to seeing what Sharp has in store for her next.