Lilly Charysma's Reviews > One Fine Duke

One Fine Duke by Lenora Bell

Read 2 times. Last read July 27, 2019.

I am so happy! I have this feeling that you get when you read a book that exceeds your expectations. I had predicted my rating immediately after seeing the sign up document from Pure Textuality. I may have been the cover or the author, it may have been the title that called to me, but I tell you, I was right.

The blurb is more than accurate when describing our main characters. Mina is like a ticking bomb. She has been protected all her life, sheltered. All she wants to do is explore the world, follow in her parents’ footsteps and face her worst enemy with strength and braveness. She wants adventure, she wants London and all it has to offer. But does she know herself well enough?

Our Duke is a haunted man. He has fears that crawled inside his heart and made it hard as stone. Drew leaves the safety of his country house to protect his sister. Danger is lurking and he wants to keep his family safe… And maybe find a wife willing to “sacrifice” herself and join him in his quiet life.

These two characters are so amazing! Lenora Bell could not have built better characters for this plot. No, Lenora Bell could not have built a better plot to display the complexity behind Mina and Drew. I love how they blend with the action, I love how each scene sheds some light on the mystery, but as well how each scene brings out something new in our characters. They evolve so much. Mina explores, Drew takes down his walls, brick by brick.

Concluding, “One Fine Duke” is an amazing read, a story that will keep you breathing until the end, a story about finding oneself, about bringing down walls of fear, about exploring life and soul. The author leaves nothing to chance, the pace is just perfect, the ending is not rushed, the characters are complex and just beautiful! I loved it, simple as that! 5 stars!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Fine Duke.

July 25, 2019 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
July 25, 2019 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
July 27, 2019 – Started Reading
July 27, 2019 – Shelved
July 27, 2019 – Finished Reading
August 3, 2019 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)