Catherine's Reviews > The Season

The Season by Kate Y MissKatey

This is the first book in a four book season series, prequel The Heiress Queen,and it tells the story of Ellas debutante year of the Season with her young finishing school drop outcousin, expelled from everyone in Pretania, Libby Marks-Whelan as her attendant.

It tells of all the goings on in the season along with Libby's antics while there until her cousin sends her home after finding out what she'd been upto.

When I read the synopsus for this book on WattPad I was sure that I was going to love the book and
now I've read the book I can say I wasn't dissapointed, thus the 4 out of 5 star rating. And because of
this I have to say that this is a book that Iwill both reccomend it to others and buy it as a gift for anyone I think would enjoy it.
Although i can see where other reviewers are coming from with regard the fact that the author finished this book when it was so close to the story being finished and continued the story in the Debutante I can understand why the author felt the need to do it. I honestly don't think it would have been fair not to finish this book where the author did as it was about Ella's Debutante year so the remainder of the story for Libby and Prince Andrew needed its own book so as not to detract
from Ella's story as that was what this book was about although Libby played a fairly major part
in it.

Initially I liked Ella because she had invited Libby to the Palace to be her attendant during the season, but ultimately I disliked her because it was clear that she was a mean spirited schemimg bitch which was obvious when she sent Libby home for trying to help her win the prince with her mischeivious antics.
Libby although quite Nieve has a very strong determined attitude, and cant stand all the us silly simpering that most of the debutants do when around the prince while stabbing each other in the back when the Prince isn't around. I have to say that I am of the same mind as her about the simpering and back stabbing of the Debutants because I to would have no patience with it either. It was quite clear fromthe authors writing that the Prince was neithertaken in by the debutants behaviour nor impressed with it, which is why he gravitated towards Libby so much he knew she'd tell him straught when it came to their behaviour and his behaviour.

The way the author described the characters really made the reader feel connected to them but it also made you appreciate all dynamics between them. I would also say that the way the author described the places (Palace) and country (Pretania) the story was set in made so evocatively made me feel like I was actually experiencing everything the charcters were along side them, which is why in the book whenever Libby was feeliing frustrated about something or with someone I felt that frustration to.
I particularly loved the relationships that developed between Libby and the prince and pricess as you could see that they were genuine and going to be long lasting.
All in all I loved this book so much that as soon as I finished reading it I immediately started reading the next book in the series "The Debutante".

As I'm writing this Review not having read the entire series I can honestly say that whole series (The Rebel Prince, upto where the authors written so far) is fantastic and i'll definiteltly be reading more of her work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Season.

July 27, 2019 – Started Reading