Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > In It to Win It

In It to Win It by Kelly Jamieson

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-slick

The Wynn family has some messed up family politics and in In It to Win It, they really come into play. This book has a relationship that went from hot to cold to medium to cold to hot….ackkk, at one point I was wondering if Ms. Jamieson was going to be able to bring me around, but she did and I ended up enjoying this book, but it took me a while to get there.

JP Wynn has a reputation on and off the ice and within his own family. Granted the one within his family wasn’t his entire fault, he didn’t know his brother’s ex-girlfriend wasn’t an ex when he slept with her but he still has to defend himself constantly around his family and he still beats himself up pretty regularly over it. JP has issues, his issues have issues and JP is in need of some good therapy, but I digress he isn’t a bad guy he is impulsive and has a bad case of “not good enough” syndrome.

I liked Taylor Hart in the first book; she had a fun personality that makes it easy to like her. However, in this book for a good part of it she seemed self centered and a bit judgmental and that was disappointing. I cut her some slack because there was a lot going on in her life that threw her for a loop, but at times she came off as rude and unfeeling towards others.

JP and Taylor jump right into a physical relationship which then leads to some complications when they both make assumptions about one another without communicating. I personally got tired of their on again off again friendship/relationship because it just seemed like they were both miserable a good part of this book.

JP showed amazing growth throughout this book which was nice to see and I was happy to see that his family saw it and told him they were proud of him; he really needed their approval. While he still made mistakes, he also tried to make up for them and his willingness to acknowledge them and apologize showed he was trying very hard to change his ways.

Not really liking the heroine and the back and forth relationship really put a damper on this book, but it was still well written, something I always look forward to when reading Ms. Jamieson, and while for me it wasn’t as good as the first book in this series, it was an integral part of the Wynn family series.

While a bit more angst filled than I normally like, I did enjoy In It To Win It and I am looking forward to the next book in this series!

Review copy provided for a voluntary review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In It to Win It.

Started Reading