Kris Reads Romance's Reviews > Love in Due Time

Love in Due Time by L.B. Dunbar

I loved getting to step back into Green Valley and get to know some new residents, along with visiting a few old ones.

Naomi and Nathan had me planted in my cozy reading chair until I finished this entire thing in nearly one sitting!

Naomi was a wonderful heroine. She served as a necessary reminder for us to not put people into boxes labeled with all our own assumptions. Just because someone sees the world a little differently, dresses specifically, or holds beliefs that you don’t, doesn’t mean they’re beneath you. In fact, they can usually add value to your own life by teaching you new things.
She’s also a great example of how one’s experiences not only play a part in molding you into who you are, but that they can also hold you back. Watching her learn to let go of the things in her past that only served as shackles in the present was so rewarding.

Nathan is a delicious salt & pepper hero. I mean, a rebellious-bad-boy-looking-for-trouble-biker-turned-loving-single-dad doing his best to raise his girls in a stable home? Yes. Please. He and Naomi met during his young Iron Wraith days, and after one spellbound night together, they don’t see each other for nearly two decades. After a few recent run-ins (one of them being Nathan at the library looking for books to help his youngest daughter understand puberty, I mean, that’s a Dad win right there!), it’s crystal clear that the magic is still there. Too bad neither one of them is entirely sure what to do about it.

They have eighteen years worth of life since then to unpack and sift through, and it definitely won’t be easy. Nothing truly worthwhile ever is, though, right?

This second chance romance hit the mark for me, and I appreciate that it’s serving one of the under-represented romance themes of love near/at/after forty.

Thank you LB Dunbar for the ARC, and allowing me to have a sneak peek into life at the Green Valley Library! ❤️

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in Due Time.

July 25, 2019 – Shelved
July 25, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
September 23, 2019 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
September 23, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
October 7, 2019 – Started Reading