Laurie's Reviews > The Rogue to Ruin

The Rogue to Ruin by Vivienne Lorret

bookshelves: edelweiss

Vivienne Lorret's "The Rogue to Ruin" was a great enemies to lovers story, and I adored it. The banter between the main characters, Ainsley and Reed, was delightful and very funny. They really kept each other on their toes! I also laughed out loud a number of times while reading about the antics of Reed's cat and Ainsley's servants, as well as when Ainsley (view spoiler). It was wonderful that Ainsley was able to get her own revenge on Nigel and not just stand back and watch Reed do all of the fighting for her. While Reed's decision to fight to defend Ainsley's honor was a lovely gesture on his part and allowed him to show how much he loved her, Ainsley's actions demonstrated that Nigel no longer held any power over her, and that she didn't need Reed or any man to fight battles on her behalf.

While I found the book to be very funny overall, it also had a number of touching moments, particularly as Reed and Ainsley started to grow closer. I thought that their relationship was very well developed, and the gradual transition from enemies to lovers was completely believable. When Ainsley finally let go of her animosity towards Reed and realized that she loved him, it almost brought me to (happy) tears. Her relationship with Reed made Ainsley stronger and also helped her to realize that love is worth fighting for.

This is the first book I have ever read by Ms. Lorret, but I am already looking forward to reading more of her work! I plan to go back and read the first two books in this series soon and also look forward to checking out whatever she plans to publish next.

*ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rogue to Ruin.

July 25, 2019 – Started Reading
July 25, 2019 – Shelved
July 29, 2019 –
51.0% "Loving the banter between H and h so far!"
July 30, 2019 – Finished Reading