Karen's Reviews > I Am Her Tribe

I Am Her Tribe by Danielle Doby

190448

"my hope for you is that you greet your reflection with kind eyes. that you never look to someone else for your belonging."

i have highlighted so much of this book. Danielle knows how to put vulnerable feelings into words so well. Her simple poems are deep and profound.

"do not fast forward into something you’re not ready for or allow yourself to shrink back into what’s comfortable growth lives in the uneasiness the in-between the unfinished sentence you are a season of becoming"

some pieces resonated more with me than others, of course, but those that did jumped off the page and made me feel less alone.

"give yourself permission to be where you are and to still be loved for it"

these are words i will carry with me and pass on to my kids and remind myself of when i am in those dark moments.

"how you choose to show up magnetizes what shows up for you"

and they are words i will hold near my heart to remind myself to stay open and show up as my full self in the world. so i can make room for others to do the same.

"my heart serves as an invitation for others to show up + share their brightest, most authentic light what a gift i give to this world when i choose to remain open"

they are words that remind me of who i want to be. who i long to be. and what i yearn for.

"there is no greater love story than you in all that you are."

i loved every moment of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Her Tribe.

July 25, 2019 – Started Reading