Bex's Reviews > A Research Handbook for Patient and Public Involvement Researchers

A Research Handbook for Patient and Public Involvement Resear... by Penny Bee

I've had this book sat on my shelf since last summer, when someone lovely from WIASN was offering copies to those who may find it useful. I'm developing a funding bid which is hoping to draw on PPI (and in fact this was part of the reason a previous version of this bid was eventually turned down), and so I was looking for a clear understanding of what this really looks like. This book is written in a really straightforward style, but clearly drawn on in depth research (aka it's not talking down) - designed to be read by patients/participants as well as researchers who are seeking to engage 'meaningfully' with those who will get the most benefit from the research (ensuring that they are involved from the start). Really helpful, very readable, and I suspect some terms/phrases to entirely make their way into the bid!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Research Handbook for Patient and Public Involvement Researchers.

July 25, 2019 – Started Reading