Tara's Reviews > Jade War

Jade War by Fonda Lee

Yesssssssss!!!! This is everything I wanted it to be and more ;-; I had my expectations and it just ran up and obliterated them!!

Might I first say how much I appreciate authors who take the time to title chapters??? [I do believe I can honestly say that 'Green as Fuck' is the favorite of most readers here] It feels so personal in some way, so much more than those who simply slap a number there instead. The flow moves much faster for me when a chapter is titled, and I feel more compelled to rush along to see what the next one is and what may yet lay in store for me!

It was so easy to fall right back into the story. I didn't need to reread Jade City either. Everything rushed back to me immediately. Who doesn't love some good gangster violence every once in a while? It's soooo different from what fantasy normally entails, that it just immediately becomes addictive in its own right. It's the perfect tool to quench our thirst in a genre that typically follows a different trend. There isn't anything wrong with that, but it's nice to rise above it all on occasion too!!

Some of the characters I weren't taken with before grew on me here. I'm fully committed to this series and can't wait to see where it goes next.

Though I do say.... I would love to know what goes on in the Mountain Clans perspective.

None of these characters are good by any stretch of the imagination. Everyone thinks they are doing what is best for their people. So I would love to know exactly how things are playing out on that side.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jade War.

June 23, 2018 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
June 23, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)
July 24, 2019 – Started Reading
July 24, 2019 – Shelved
July 24, 2019 –
page 1
0.17% "8D YAY STARTING."
July 28, 2019 –
page 300
50.85% "I have halfway to go and yet I'm dreading the end already. I love this sooo friggen much. The struggle to read until my eyeballs ache and the temptation to not read it because I don't want it to be over is painful as hell to resist."
August 4, 2019 – Finished Reading