Michael Sahd's Reviews > Magician

Magician by Raymond E. Feist

The fact that I knew nothing about this story when I first started reading this book left me with a more favorable impression of it.

This book started as a typical fantasy trope: A young boy (Pug), is stuck in a mundane life, but training as a wizard. The book features elves and dwarves and orcs and conflict and blah . . . Same story I've heard and read (and played in Dungeons and Dragons) a thousand times. However, I kept reading at a friend's behest . . . ***spoiler, but not really because it's in the blurb*** . . .

Then the invasion from another planet happens. I remember sitting up in my seat, exclaiming "What the h***!" (my agent demands that I quell my public expletives). Anyway, from that point on, I found myself hooked to Pug's adventures and read the entire series. Had I even read the blurb , this book would not have had the impact on me that it did. I liked the book, but the surprise I experienced made the story memorable. Hence, I give this book four stars and highly recommend you read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magician.

Finished Reading