Kimberly's Reviews > The Christmas Keeper

The Christmas Keeper by Jenn McKinlay

bookshelves: netgalley, romance, christmas

Thank you @netgalley for the review copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

This was such a fantastic addition to the Happily Ever After series. I adored the first book, The Good Ones, but the characters in this story immediately stole my heart. Savannah is such a spitfire. It’s no surprise that it was going to take a very special man to rope her into a romance and boy did she snag a good one. Quino might have just made his way to the top of my all time favorite male leads. A kind, thoughtful, charming guy who is great with kids, operates a horse farm and is utterly obsessed with Christmas. Oh my goodness, wait until you see the extremes this guy goes to in order the celebrate the festive season. His hideous Christmas sweaters cracked me up and his use of mistletoe made me swoon. Did I mention he’s quite handsome too? As in a local romance writer, modeled the cover of her well known book after him and his horse! Trust me, it’s utter perfection. The chemistry and banter between Savannah and Quino was extremely entertaining and kept me flying through the pages to get to more of their interactions.

With all of the flirtations, humor and sweet romance, the characters had a lot of depth. Both are struggling with overcoming their past. Savannah has never felt included with or supported by her family. The holidays are extra tough because she has no amazing memories of the season to fall back on. I enjoyed watching her slowly open up to the holiday and find what brings her joy once again. Quino gave up everything to move back home and become his sister’s caretaker after his parents were killed in a accident. He’s learning that life needs to be celebrated. It does continue to go on and change is difficult, but good. He also learns the hard way to let his sister go so she can fulfill her own dreams. I also enjoyed the side story with the romance novelist who has been a recluse for many years.

It was fun seeing the same cast from the first book. Maisy, Perry, Ryder and of course King George made several appearances. Fingers crossed the series continues!!! Looks like there could be at least two more romances to watch unfold - Hannah / Sawyer and Lanie / Luke. Can’t recommend this light, romance series enough. Both books would be so fun to see made into movies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Keeper.

July 23, 2019 – Shelved