Nicole's Reviews > The Reef

The Reef by Nora Roberts

F 50x66
Mar 08, 2012

Read in March, 2012

This is probably one of my favorite Nora Roberts books. The villian was certainly a man to fear. I had no idea that this book had 2 different time frames and thought it a bit strange that the story started out with a 19 year old and a 25 year old. For Nora Roberts readers you know that her main characters are generally in their late 20's early 30's. It made sense when the story shifted 8 years later. I really enjoyed this book. The other Nora Roberts books I have been reading lately, although enjoyable have been falling a bit flat. It is probably due to the fact that they were books written in the 80's and early 90's. You can definitely tell how much she has grown in her writing by reading her books written then and books written closer to today.

This is a story of treasure hunters, Matthew and Tate. They are searching for Angelic's Curse, a necklace owned by a "witch". Claiming all those who seek it for wealth will be cursed. Matthew's family, the Lasseters believe in this curse and fear the necklace. When Matthew's father was murdered when he was 16 because of this necklace he planned to dedicate his life to find it and pay back the man he murdered his father.

I think what I enjoyed most about this book is I was on the edge of my seat for most of the book. There is a love story, which goes without saying for a Nora Roberts book, action, adventure, anger, danger, and a little bit of magic. Books like this one is why I love to read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reef.

09/21/2016 marked as: read

Mallory I agree with you on the villian - I actually had a bad dream about him while reading this book, so I know he was drawn well!