Mrs. Jones's Reviews > What the Wind Knows

What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon

70522031

bookshelves: summer-reading-list-2019

I absolutely loved reading this book. I loved the characters, time period, conflict, time travel, historical event, and ending...man what a great ending! I'm definitely a sucker for happy endings. However, this book was not filled with happiness. Learning about the Easter Rising and the Irish fight for independence was not a happy experience. However, one thing that I appreciate from well-written historical fiction is that it instills in me a desire to learn more about the event that shapes the story. I found Amy Harmon's development of the main character to be quite linear in the regards to the revealing more of her personality and her story. I was grateful for the ever so light sprinkling of characteristics and backstory. I kept the question of Eoin's intentions in the back of my mind and wasn't disappointed when I came to the conclusion that is was his love for Anne that held his secrets for decades. Well done!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What the Wind Knows.

Finished Reading