Andrea's Reviews > Whatever It Takes

Whatever It Takes by Krista Ritchie

bookshelves: new-adult, arc, favorite-series, favorite-couples

Willow and Garrison own my heart and soul. I've been waiting for this books for years, I kid you not. As you can imagine, my expectations were high.

I find Willow entirely too relatable. It's like the authors managed to get into my head to create Willow Hale. We see Willow's first semester of college throughout the book, and I saw my own experience at college here. She's quite and a bit awkward, but she also has this quiet bravery that I hope and strive for.

Garrison Abbey is so full of self-loathing. He's a guy who has made a lot of mistakes in his young life, and while he strives to make better choices, he feels like he'll never be worthy of anyone's forgiveness.

This book is told through Past and Present scenes, which I thought worked really well. My one peeve was that all the "Past" scenes in this book were straight from the web series. So if you read the web series, you've read about half of this book already. However, the "Present" scenes more than make up for it.

The "Past" scenes show you how Willow and Garrison met, and their evolution from strangers to friends. The "Present" scenes follow Willow in college, Garrison working at Cobalt Inc., and them trying to maintain their long distance relationship.

My heart was so full after reading this. I cannot wait for the next book. This does end in a bit of a cliffhanger, so the 28th cannot get here soon enough. I'm expecting a few things for book 2, and I hope it delivers.

I recommend this to anyone who likes their angsty romances. Also, if you've read and enjoyed a K.B. book, you will love this one!

~~~

11/1/19:

I'M SO EXCITED. Every day that passes my excitement grows.

~~~

I never thought I'd see these books. Willow & Garrison have been my favorite characters to come out of the Addicted World, and when their web series was cancelled I was crushed. The fact that we are now getting TWO books on them (when I didn't even think we'd get the one) makes me so happy <3

We are about to get KBs softest couple and I can't wait.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whatever It Takes.

Quotes Andrea Liked

Krista Ritchie
“New eulogy: Here lies Willow Hale, the girl who fucked for the first time and then left.”

Krista Ritchie
“We’re going to make this work. I’m going to text and Skype.” He cupped my cheeks and both of us were crying. “We’re going to make this work, Willow. Because you’re my girl, and that’s not going to change.”

We’re going to make this work.”

Krista Ritchie
“Three years ago, I was no one. I was living in a sleepy town of Caribou, Maine, and my parents were getting divorced. My little sister Ellie was my only sibling, and I only had one friend.

Then I woke up one morning, and little did I know, but everything just…changed.”

Krista Ritchie
“Three years later, it’s still surreal.

Loren Hale changed everything.

For me and Garrison.”

Krista Ritchie
“Her confidence in me is like a drug. I close my eyes and grip the edge of the counter. It hurts to be away from someone you love so much. God, it fucking hurts.”

Krista Ritchie
“He was a bad boy. Misunderstood. Mine.”

July 21, 2019 – Shelved
January 7, 2020 – Started Reading
January 12, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Fareshta (new)

Fareshta Can you please remind me on who Garrison is? It’s been a while since I’ve read the series! Thanks