Ren Puspita's Reviews > Fever Moon: The Fear Dorcha

Fever Moon by David    Lawrence

3 stars

Manage to snatch this one and cross one of my wishlist, thanks to Big Bad Wolf that allow me to bought the graphic novel just half it price. I think...the 5 hours queuing to pay the book is worth it. Not.

Anyhoo, the number 5.5 is not correct, since Fevermoon happen between Dreamfever and Shadowfever. Fear Dorcha itself make appearance in Shadowfever. Re-read might be help to refresh my memory, tho. As for new readers, maybe they will be confused a little bit. Moning and her team manage to draw the prologue, which mostly focused to what happen when Mac become Pri-Ya. Quite graphic too, but I think it's tamer compared to any smut manga or webtoons that I'd read *sneer*.

I did like the story, but the drawing? Not so much. Mac is too..Idk, busty? I know that she's sexy, but I find her portrayal in this graphic novel is merely okay. Barrons? Pfft...I really DON'T LIKE IT. He's too...burly! I imagine that Barrons is sleek, sophisticated, but the Al Rio's version is too burly for my taste. The Fae princes, V'Lane and Velvet..all seems like Fabio. Gezz..if you have things for Fabio, maybe you will like them.

All in all..still a good to read graphic novel and a quick read too. I like the flow of the panel, but I wish the characters didn't grin too much. It's unsettling. Also Fever Moon happen to become Al Rio's last comic, before he died :(. A graphic novel that a must read for any Fever fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fever Moon.

March 7, 2012 – Shelved
December 27, 2017 – Shelved as: own-hardcover
December 27, 2017 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
September 26, 2019 – Shelved as: 3-stars
September 26, 2019 – Shelved as: adaption-from-novel

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Brittany B. (new) - added it

Brittany B. I heard about this graphic novel. Definitely a must have. Can't wait to see JZB and Mac. Nervous about the movie...

Ren Puspita Actually I want Martha Arkoniel as the artist, or maybe Daniel Dos Santos, since I adore his artwork. With the previous artist died, I hope KMM will pick them if she want to write graphic novel again.
Yea, I'm nervous too about the movie. Many people vote David Gandy as Barrons, but he's model, not actor.

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia there is going to be a move! when?

Ren Puspita Alicia wrote: "there is going to be a move! when?"

I believe its coming this month :)