Amanda Lewis's Reviews > The Return of King Lillian

The Return of King Lillian by Suzie Plakson

F 50x66

bookshelves: fantasy, classics, mythology
Read 3 times. Last read July 10, 2019 to July 20, 2019.

This book surprised me all along the way. First off, it is not only just a fun journey, but it's quite touching and deep. Much deeper than I expected, and the further I got into it, I would feel myself affected by how beautiful the images were and how when I shut the book in between chapters, the world still stayed with me, as if I’d BEEN there, literally. That’s how you know you’re reading a truly great novel! Also, I can’t believe how much I laughed out loud, which doesn’t happen too often when you’re reading.

Sometimes, in the beginning, I wanted to read faster, but it’s not that kind of story. I knew I’d ruin it if I rushed too fast, because I love the way Lillian talks and thinks and I wanted it to last, so sometimes I’d read only a chapter or two at night, like a bedtime story for myself. Lillian’s so wonderful, funny, smart, and brave. And I also read certain sentences over again, because they were like song lyrics they were so beautiful. I was sad when I finished the book, even though I loved the ending. But because of the cool way it ends and how magical the story is, I think I might soon start over and read it all over again!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Return of King Lillian.

Finished Reading (ebook Edition)
Finished Reading
July 10, 2019 – Started Reading
July 20, 2019 – Shelved
July 20, 2019 – Shelved as: fantasy
July 20, 2019 – Shelved as: classics
July 20, 2019 – Shelved as: mythology
July 20, 2019 – Finished Reading
August 23, 2019 – Shelved (ebook Edition)