Mike Kennedy's Reviews > Lethal Agent

Lethal Agent by Vince Flynn

bookshelves: vince-flynn

Mitch Rapp is back just in time to save the United States and the World from a bioterrorism threat. ISIS has kidnapped a French Scientist from a Doctors Without Boarders site. They force him to make weaponized anthrax to smuggle into the US through a Mexican Cartel. This threat is just a cover to keep Mitch Rapp busy as they work on their true plan.

Meanwhile, back in the United States, President Alexander is winding down his second term in office. The election cycle has begun, and the clear front runner is no fan of Mitch, Irene Kennedy, and the CIA. She is hell bend on gaining the presidency and running Mitch and Irene out of town, possibly into a jail cell. Will Mitch be able to work through the cesspool of modern day politics while stopping ISIS?

Full disclosure, I was given an ARC of this book for a full and honest review. I honestly loved this book. This is easily one of my favorites in the series. Kyle Mills continues to surprise me in a good way as he keeps upping the quality of books in the series. So often when an author dies and someone carries on the series (see the Jason Bourne Series) after a couple books it seems to lose steam and clearly becomes inferior to the original authors work. This is not the case with this series as Mr. Mills has turned out books on par with what Vince Flynn was before his untimely passing.

I loved the idea of putting Mitch in an environment not familiar to him like Mexico. It was something outside the normal head to the Middle East and kick the crap out of ISIS. It was a nice twist. I also found Mr. Mills injected a sense of humor into Mitch as there were multiple times I found myself chuckling at Mitch’s action. Without giving too much away I particularly remember Mitch’s interaction with the Cartel members in California. Particularly his food choices. You’ll know when you read it.

Not worry worry Mitch is still a bad ass, and there is plenty of action in this novel. Mitch also gets very creative in accomplishing goals. I think back to the time he picks his handcuff locks in Mexico, again I won’t go into details, but it is impressive and slightly disturbing. Mitch continues to have a hard edge to him. I must say the ending of this book might be my favorite ending of all time. I won’t give anything away, but the last chapter is priceless.

Wether this is your first Mitch Rapp book or you have enjoyed the whole series, you need to pick this book up when it is available on September 24th. This is by far my favorite book of 2019 to this point.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lethal Agent.

July 20, 2019 – Started Reading