Kya Aliana's Reviews > Dust & Decay

Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry

Mar 07, 2012

Dust & Decay is probably my favorite book in the Rot & Ruin series (they are all so amazing that it’s hard to pick a favorite). This book is intense! There’s non-stop action, suspense, and an emotionally gripping storyline. This is everything a good book should be.

Jonathan Maberry is powerful writer who knows exactly how to deliver a YA horror book. The monsters in Dust & Decay aren’t zombies at all…no, the monsters are a terrible side of humanity. Humans can be monsters too, and Jonathan Maberry doesn’t shy away from this ugly, scary, and heart-racing plot.

I was hooked from the beginning and read this book in one sitting. He’s crafted a world in which you are instantly pulled into. The characters are real, the struggles are real, and the suspense is never-ending. This doesn’t just deal with the destroyed world beyond the safe town of Mountainside. It deals with corruption, conflict, and emotional turmoil that these characters experience.

One of the things I love about this book is not just the nonstop action, but how realistically these teenagers are portrayed. These characters are so real that they could be my friends! They have real problems, real conversations, and real conflicts. They way they interact is perfect!

This is a gripping book that I highly recommend to any and all!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dust & Decay.

March 7, 2012 – Started Reading