Heather Book Savvy Babe's Reviews > SUBMISSION : The Rake And The Recluse: Part Five

SUBMISSION  by Jenn LeBlanc

Mar 07, 2012

bookshelves: reading-romances-challenge-2012, historical-romance, romance, review-on-blog
Read in March, 2012

4.5 of 5 stars

Submission is part 5 of The Rake and the Recluse Redux series, and this story is different from previous installments in that this one is Perry's story. Gideon and Francine are no longer the focus, Perry has taken a break from the happy couple and his new responsibilities. However, instead of returning to his old life, more surprises are in store for the Rake.

Due to hints in previous installments in the series, we know that Perry has surprises in store and a new lady in his life, however, I never would have expected this particular love interest. I really do not want to give away the special lady, so this review may seem vague (sorry). Perry is not even gone from his brother's home before his life is thrown a curve once again. And once again, Perry is put in charge of a woman's care. This time, he finds it hard to walk away. The relationship that begins in Submission is very tender, it is to be handled with care, and because of Perry's tenderness, I fell in love with him in this installment. Despite the tenderness, the passion is strong, and the connection between the pair is magnetic.

Also, the photography in Submission is absolutely stunning, and some of the images are my favorite yet. The villain, Hepplewort is back in Submission, and up to no good (again). His exact purpose is not made known, so the suspense for the final installment is amped up a bit. I felt that Submission was not *quite* as well developed as previous installments, but the story is surprising and captivating. There is plenty to come in the final installment, and I am looking forward to reading it.

Notes on the series:
Jenn LeBlanc’s photography interspersed throughout the story only enhances the story. Illustrated novels are a very new concept (as far as I know, unique to Jenn LeBlanc), but with both visually stunning photographs and impressive writing Jenn LeBlanc has created a new format for a literary masterpiece.

Each installment of this series is uniquely crafted to focus the storyline and engage readers. With the story broken into segments, the reader is able to really learn each of the characters and understand the setting. The reader is transported from the pages of the book into the story.

Romance readers, if you have not started this series yet, I urge you to pick up the first serial, Freedom and start reading today. This is a must-read, beautiful series, one of my favorites.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read SUBMISSION .