Wulfwyn 's Reviews > Curses and Cauldrons: A Paranormal Halloween Mystery Anthology

Curses and Cauldrons by Tegan Maher

bookshelves: arc, cozy-mystery, favorites, paranormal, recommended-reading, 0919somethingwickedfall
Read 3 times. Last read September 1, 2019 to September 2, 2019.

I am reviewing an arc of Time To Jump by Mona Marple. The story features Felicity from the Witch In Time Mysteries. This time we go back to 1947, New York. I enjoyed reading this story. I thought the author did a great job capturing society at that time. The mystery was excellent, surprising me at the reveal. I loved the ending. I am looking forward to reading the rest, (some of my favorite authors are in this set!), of the stories. I have already preordered it for my fall reading.
Review of an ARC of Battle of the Hexes by Morgana Best. I recently fell in love with a series, (His Ghoul Friday), by this author and now want to read everything she writes. I loved Battle of the Hexes. This story is set in Australia and our sleuth is Adeline Bloomwood. She lives in a town with other magical beings, unknown to the mundane residents. She has a familiar, who I adore, named Pudding. One thing I love is that the author includes an explanation of the different spellings and a list of Australian slang and terms, (some of these are so fun, I’m going to use them). I’m never lost when I read her books. The stories have to be short but don’t let that stop you. I had a fun time reading this mystery. The time flew by as I read. I want to tell you all about it. I’m dying to. But you won’t have any reason to read it if I do. I’m so hoping this isn’t the last we hear of Adeline, Pudding and some other interesting characters I’ll let you discover.
*This review will be edited later to include all the stories.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curses and Cauldrons.

July 20, 2019 – Started Reading