Tara Brown's Reviews > EDrenaline Rush: Game-changing Student Engagement Inspired by Theme Parks, Mud Runs, and Escape Rooms

EDrenaline Rush by John Meehan

EDrenaline Rush: Game-Changing Student Engagement Inspired by Theme Parks, Mud Runs, and Escape Rooms by John Meehan took me on an unforgettable, fast-paced, adventure-filled ride from start to finish. While reading, I found myself saying, "This is my favorite chapter...there are so many awesome ideas here!!" Then, I'd take a minute or two on each of the reflection questions listed at the end of each chapter, jot down some notes, add some stickies, and move on to the next chapter (only to say those exact words again pages later). Every single chapter was seriously my favorite chapter! I felt like I won a front-row, VIP, first-class ticket to a sold-out event. No joke. Is this Meehan guy serious?!? Does he really share his secrets to classroom success? Yes! Does he explain how I, too, can help my students reach new levels of success? Yessss! Does he offer tips, strategies, techniques, and resources to help me get started on the road to transformation? Yup! Soooo many of them!! From page one, Meehan invites you in and encourages you to explore his world, while learning alongside him, his students, his colleagues, and his family. It doesn't matter if you are a Kindergarten teacher at a 1:1 school and have a room full of eager-to-learn, wide-eyed five-year-olds or if you teach high school math in a Title I district with only one classroom computer...this book is for you!

EDrenaline Rush is broken down into three parts: Theme Parks, Mud Runs, and Escape Rooms. Each part has three chapters, making a total of nine, and each chapter includes three sets of reflection questions, which help move your thinking and jump-start your planning. Not only does Meehan give ideas and examples of activities to help you visualize the impossible, but he also gives you the tools to help make it happen...real-life resources and explanations to help you create an amazing world of exploration, wonder, mystery, discovery, collaboration, and engagement for your learners. Along the way, he shares his own inspiring stories and personal experiences of how he steps out of his comfort zone, as well as some incredibly motivating results. Flawlessly, Meehan makes connections between his own personal passions (and results) to teaching practices (and learning) in the classroom. By using what he knows and loves, he is able to create exciting learning experiences for his students that produce results similar to those in his own life, such as growth mindset, self-improvement, overcoming obstacles, accomplishment, and pride. Oh yeah, and TONS of teamwork and fun!!

Without hesitation, I give EDrenaline Rush: Game-Changing Student Engagement Inspired by Theme Parks, Mud Runs, and Escape Rooms by John Meehan 5 out of 5 stars. In addition to recommending this book to those in the education field, I think business leaders and those looking to make positive changes in the workplace community and culture will also find this to be quite beneficial. Meehan's words motivate and inspire. He teaches you to believe in yourself and others. He lets you know you are not alone on this journey; we are a team, and to get better, we need our teammates, our tribe. He encourages you to step out of your comfort zone, so that you can begin to create an environment that dreams are made of. He offers tools and support to help you on your journey. He gives you what you need to get the results you want. He shows you how to make the impossible...possible. Hands down, John Meehan's the real deal.

Thank you for reading my review. I hope it was helpful. :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read EDrenaline Rush.

June 25, 2019 – Started Reading