Kathy Heare Watts's Reviews > Fire Princess

Fire Princess by Rachel Blake

A FEW TEARS NEVER HURT ANYONE

From the first page to the last, I was engrossed in the story and fell in love with the characters and their interaction. I will even admit that I sobbed at one point from the emotional pain. As a series junkie, I am thrilled to know there will be more stories to come. While this did not end in a cliffhanger, it does leave the reader craving more and yes, there is still an unsolved issue.

The story is deep, with strong friendships, comradery, work ethics, and as hard as these firefighters and paramedics work, they play just as hard. With a group that accepts and embraces their roles in both their job and when they get together in play parties with the dominance and submission.

Sierra will want to get her brother and best friend together, and what a shock when Leland returns to Hill City and they meet at the firehouse. Autumn is a paramedic, and Leland is a firefighter who has recently returned. The story will have the friendships of those who work together, along with teasing, get-togethers and even D/s scenes together. What a shock when Autumn also learns that her friend, nurse Liv, is married to Kevin, the chief at the firehouse.

There has been a rash of fires, arson, and they revolve around when Leland and his team are on shift. When the arsonist doesn’t feel he is getting his due, he will become more insistent and start making demands, ones that will also place Autumn, her partner, Gwen, and reporter, Sierra on the line. It will become a challenge for these dominant men to do their jobs and protecting their women.

I love the chemistry between Leland and Autumn. While he challenges her, pushes her comfort zone, he is always there to catch her. Once he lays claim on her, he allows her to give the final consent, but it was just a matter of formality.

“She is more than just my submissive, Kev. She is my girl, my lover, my princess. She is mine. Yeah, she’s my forever.”

The story has several tense, life, and death moments, leading to heartache and tears. It will affect most of the characters and none more than Autumn. She will go through several emotions, and it will take Leland and Liv to help her heal.

“Possibly, Sir, but right now it’s a risk I’m willing to take if it means I’m getting the attention I desire from the man I love.

The story includes exhibition, voyeurism, public punishments, discipline, and explicit sex scenes. It has a mystery, suspense, that isn’t over, and I can’t wait for the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Princess.

July 19, 2019 – Started Reading