Lauren's Reviews > Mine to Possess

Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh

Mar 07, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: paranormal-romance, fated-mates, second-chances, feline-shifters, futuristic, friends-to-lovers
Read from April 06 to 14, 2012

Mine to Possess
3 Stars

Synopsis
Children are disappearing without a trace and Tally MacKade, a social worker for the Shine Foundation, has only one person to turn to: Clay Bennett, the leopard Changeling responsible for an extreme act of violence that ended her childhood. Can Tally get past her fears in order to trust the only person she has ever loved?

Review
Disappointing addition to the series mainly because of the insipid heroine. Tally is emotionally stunted and her complete lack of self-worth makes here completely unlikeable. If she couldn't care less about herself, why should I?

Clay is more sympathetic and the idea of a childhood bond forming the basis for a romance has potential but not with this heroine.

The Descendents of the Forgotten plot and the secondary characters, new and old, save this book from being a complete waste of time. Revisiting Lucas & Sascha is a definite highlight as is seeing Dorian work his charm. Dev Santos is also intriguing and Kaleb Krycek is becoming more and more compelling - is he the villain or a possible hero? and who exactly is the enigmatic Ghost?

Dorian's book is next and hopefully it will be better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine to Possess.

04/06/2012 page 55
17.0% "While I feel for Tally, I'm having a tough time identifying with her."
04/14/2012 page 194