Vikas's Reviews > Message in a Bottle

Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks

bookshelves: nbtr

I read this immediately after A Bend in the Road so Garrett's wife's death is very similar to Miles' wife but here there was no mystery but lot of love and sadness. The story starts while a success columnist who at 36 is divorced with a 12 years old son is vacationing and comes across a message in a bottle and the content is so full of raw emotions that she can't help but cry. And soon somehow it finds way to her column and soon she finds there are other letters which people found similarly to her and curious she wants to meet the guy who has so much love in his heart. So she finds the guy Garrett with the help of her Boss/Friend Diane who was a kick-ass character whom I liked a lot, Theresa not so much.

This book is seeped in emotions and like most/all of Sparks's books in set somewhere around North Carolina there are sea, beaches, boats and vacations and flings and romances along the way but like so often happen the reality and egos soon come between them and then there are the understanding and misunderstandings they have to go through all in all it was a typical Sparks book which is also tinged by tragedy here and there and I am already kinda getting over it but when I have promised myself to go through as many of these books as possible then I shall do so.

May be if you are still missing the Sparks in your lives then pick one of these books maybe you will find something to love so love and read and love and enjoy and just keep on reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Message in a Bottle.

July 19, 2019 – Shelved
July 19, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
July 19, 2019 – Shelved as: nbtr
July 25, 2019 – Started Reading
July 27, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Selena Oh, my heart. This book made me cry and took my breath away. Loved it. Nice review Vikas! Glad you enjoyed it.

Annette mathews You should read A walk to remember and The Last Song by him. They are so good

Vikas Selena wrote: "Oh, my heart. This book made me cry and took my breath away. Loved it. Nice review Vikas! Glad you enjoyed it."

Thanks Selena

Vikas Annette wrote: "You should read A walk to remember and The Last Song by him. They are so good"

Read and loved "A Walk to Remember" and "The Last Song" is on my TBR.

Annette mathews wow great :)

Vikas Annette wrote: "wow great :)"

Thanks :)