Stephanie Ward's Reviews > Before I Disappear

Before I Disappear by Danielle Stinson

'Before I Disappear' is probably one of the best books that I've read so far this year, and I definitely don't take that lightly. I was initially intrigued by the mystery surrounding the town going missing and the rest of the description, but almost immediately after I started reading I fell in love with every aspect of this story. And my love for it only grew from there. Every single thing about this book was amazing and I still can't believe it's the author's debut.

Since this is a mysterious science fiction type novel, I won't go into much detail about the plot so I don't give anything away. All I can say was that it was both fascinating and magnificent - and there wasn't any part that didn't blow me away. I loved the creepy mystery surrounding what happens along with the science fiction aspect (not to mention the actual science part of it!). The author blends several genres together to create a book that breaks label barriers of any kind. The characters were all well rounded and complex, even the secondary ones. Of course the main character, Rose, was the most realistic and in depth. She's amazing in so many ways. She's tough, incredibly loving, dedicated, hard working, and will literally do anything for her family. She's had a really tough life, but somehow doesn't become jaded by it - probably due to her little brother Charlie. I loved his character too - he was sweet and unique and very intriguing. Aside from figuring out why the town disappeared and how to get it and the people back, there's a lot of attention on the personal relationships between characters. Not just in the romance department - although that does take place - but mostly love between a family. More specifically, Rose's love for Charlie and her mom. This book has several layers interwoven to create a truly unique story that will appeal to fans of all genres and ages. Very highly recommended!

Disclosure: I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Disappear.

Started Reading