Emily's Reviews > Last Ones Left Alive

Last Ones Left Alive by Sarah Davis-Goff

12065550

liked it

Last Ones Left Alive is Sarah Davis-Goff's debut novel. This is a post-apocalyptic zombie novel set in Ireland, which was intriguing since I don't think I've read many books set in Ireland.

This book was a tense read, and the author did a great job with setting the tone of the novel. It's a stressful slow burn. I am not the biggest fan of post-apocalyptic books, so I wasn't totally sure how I was going to feel about this, but it kept me interested enough.

I wish the book would have focused more on the Banshees. I'm not sure that Last Ones Left Alive will stand out that much from other post-apocalyptic zombie stories, but the Banshees were an interesting element. I was pretty curious about them, but felt like there wasn't enough information. I ended up feeling a disconnected from the story, and this was a pretty middle-of-the-road read for me.

Side note, if you're like me & have questions about the dog, you can message me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Ones Left Alive.

July 19, 2019 – Shelved