K. Gill's Reviews > Chasing Cosby: The Downfall of America's Dad

Chasing Cosby by Nicole Weisensee Egan

When I first saw “Chasing Cosby: The Downfall of America’s Dad” by author Nicole Weisensee Egan at Barnes & Noble, its title pulled me in. I had not paid much attention to the Bill Cosby infidelity news, thinking it was just another ridiculous he-said/she-said scandal that I didn’t want to waste my time on. But when I saw Bill Cosby in handcuffs on the book’s cover, I thought, “Wow, what happened there?” So I bought the book and spent the next few days trying to absorb his horrific and premeditated crimes. (And I must say, I still cannot fathom it all.)

Indeed, if this detailed account of the brazen conduct and cover up of a skilled sexual predator doesn’t make your blood boil and your stomach churn, I don’t know what will.

I highly recommend this book to readers who are interested in understanding why sexual assault victims are hesitant to come forward to seek justice. Their stories are so heartbreaking, and Egan writes with gut-wrenching compassion for Cosby’s victims, while telling of her own struggles as a woman and journalist covering this case from its beginning. Egan also artfully weaves social, political, journalistic, and psychological threads into the case, which adds such insight and depth to her reporting. But most striking to me as the reader was in contemplating how much courage it took for Egan to stand by Cosby’s victims from the beginning as a crime reporter. Truly honorable.

Chasing Cosby is a profound literary work that will endure and should be required reading for criminal justice students.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Cosby.

Started Reading
July 17, 2019 – Finished Reading
July 19, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Weisensee Thank you so much for your thoughtful review.