Shades of Rebecca's Reviews > Dare

Dare by S.L. Scott

63019245

Dare is a rebel musician love story about a man who is trying to make a break into the industry and a young girl who is trying to break free from her own chains. It’s sexy, it’s romantic, it’s funny and at times even jaw-dropping!

Dare, the male protagonist of the story, is a young man with talent for singing and guitar playing. He comes from the rougher parts of the city, but he is not ashamed of his background. I really enjoyed getting inside of his head throughout the story, plus he really surprised me several times – sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way, but it was interesting to see how S. L Scott made each part of him fit the overall story.

Weatherly, on the other hand, is the good girl from a well-respected and wealthy family. She is studying to be a lawyer to follow in her dad’s footsteps. She is smart, loyal and opened-minded, which I really enjoyed about her. She was not afraid to give someone a second chance. Meeting Dare turned her world upside down. Together as a couple they had many obstacles to conquer in the book, but I loved seeing them work through each one of them and fall more deeply in love with each other.

A big plus is that this book has elements of some of the problems that are very current in our society. Personally, I always like it when authors shine a light on them.

Overall this book is a solid 4 stars read. I’m taking one star down for few passages that seemed a bit repetitive to me and made it difficult to me to properly focus on what’s going on in the characters’ minds. But otherwise, the book is absolutely amazing and I can easily recommend this!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dare.

Started Reading