Amanda's Reviews > Above The Grave: The Complete Series

Above The Grave by Andrew De Zilva

liked it
bookshelves: for-review-2019

Above the Grave is a graphic novel written by Andrew De Silva and Mitchell Hall. Yes, you read that correctly, this one is a graphic novel. A comic book. I am aware that the two terms indicate that there are differences between them, though the distinction remains a mystery to this novice. Anyway, I prefer the term graphic novel now, having finally read one. If you're missing it, I am rather proud of the accomplishment, especially considering the abstract horror I felt when I realized the genre I was diving into. As a graphic novel new recruit, it took me a good bit to acclimate my reading style to authentically experience Above the Grave. The nuts and bolts boil down simply enough; a clandestine lockup where super-naughtiest of villains are confined for the safety of the outside world and the evil hijinks some of its wicked detainees orchestrate.

As it turns out, I dig comics. Who knew? Despite more glaring editing issues than any novel should go to publishing with, I found the story engaging, characters well developed, and pacing of the action appropriately done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Above The Grave.

July 6, 2019 – Started Reading