Patty's Reviews > Life Will Be the Death of Me: . . . and You Too!

Life Will Be the Death of Me by Chelsea Handler

bookshelves: 2019, memoir, my-favorites

This book is raw and vulnerable, it was heart-wrenching and still filled with laughter. She really accomplished a lot in this short book. Chelsea took a hard look at herself after the anger that consumed her following the 2016 election, and this led her into therapy and forced her to take a hard look at the loss in her life that she never healed from. It was an incredible read. I've always loved the way in which Chelsea shares her opinion or information, but this book gave me a lot of respect for her. I love someone who can look at their flaws, be honest about that, and modify their behavior. Incredibly strong.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life Will Be the Death of Me.

Quotes Patty Liked

Chelsea Handler
“Whenever I have trouble standing up for myself (it’s happened), I think about whether I would tolerate the situation if it were happening to one of my sisters, mother, daughter, or niece. If it’s not acceptable for them, it’s not acceptable for me.”
Chelsea Handler, Life Will Be the Death of Me: . . . and you too!

July 18, 2019 – Started Reading
July 18, 2019 – Shelved
July 18, 2019 –
11.0% "I don't need people to like me for me to like them. At least that's a new philosophy I've been working on."
July 18, 2019 –
50.0% "Wooow!!! Holy tears 😭 didn't expect all of the emotions in this book."
July 19, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019