Megan's Reviews > Pretties

Pretties by Scott Westerfeld

Mar 07, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal-sci-fi-fantasy, young-adult, series, loved-it, 2012, strong-female-protag, strong-love-interest, i-loved-the-love-story
Read from March 08 to 12, 2012

** spoiler alert ** 4.5 stars.

Pretties delved more into the setting of this series. We get more of a glimpse of just what is going on on the outside, and not just the smoke.

I really liked Zane as a new character and I liked that there were new characters; it wasn't simply a return Of the whole cast. As a love interest, I felt it made sense and I think I liked it more than I did Tally and David.

I'm not sure about the ending, if I could say anything bad. It felt a little bit like deus ex machina that it tuned out Tally (and, I'm assuming, other Pretties with enough willpower) could cure herself. I just don't buy that brain legions could be cured without any medical treatment, sorry.

This is a short review. I loved this story, but I'll probably be more thorough when I finish the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretties.

03/09/2012 page 67
18.0% "Very interesting and dark world being set up so far."
03/09/2012 page 138
37.0% "Worried about Tally and Zane. They probably gave you two pills for a reason, Tally!"
03/10/2012 page 183
49.0% "Were Shay and David ever really romantically involved in Uglies or is Shay just being possessive and annoying? You can't own (or steal) another human being!"
03/11/2012 page 272
74.0% "This particular plot development with Tally fending for herself is too similar to Uglies."
show 1 hidden update…