Maria Thomas's Reviews > The Persistent Groom

The Persistent Groom by Jennifer Youngblood

U 50x66
Rounding up from 3.5 stars.

This story was pretty high on the angst level for me. I think I felt more than the characters did. I liked the main characters but felt a little frustrated by Silver's choices. She really did have the ex-mother in law from hell. And I disliked her ex as well. Talk about a dysfunctional family... The MIL reminded me a little of the mother on Gilmore Girls, only worse.

As I read the book I really couldn't see how this was going to end happily. It wasn't obvious to me how it would play out. I thought it might go in one direction but it didn't. How can the innocent win over such evil people? Kept me wondering right up until the end. I was glad that Silver was in the end able to fend for herself instead of being saved.

I don't know how realistic much of the book was but perhaps that is because I've never been involved with the rich and famous. Maybe some are exactly as the author depicts.

I did enjoy the read though even if it maybe isn't totally realistic. I can suspend disbelieve to enjoy a good book. And I enjoyed it.

Sex: some innuendo
Language: derogatory racial term
Violence: physically rough toward ex-wife, intervening man handling, emotional abuse, threatening situations

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Persistent Groom.

July 15, 2019 – Started Reading