Kirsti's Reviews > Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder

Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder by Amy Lillard

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the chance to read this book!

This is the first in a new cozy series, and it was definitely a good start. I liked the friendships in this book especially; the sleuth is not only friends with a diverse group of people, but it really has that small town feel throughout. Being centred around a book store is always a plus, but it has a mini cafe going on too. Add in the reunion going on in the background and you have many situations to investigate in terms of who might be the murderer.

The writing is solid, but I do think it could do with another read through as some mistakes made it through to the ARC, mainly in spelling words or dropping letters (your to our) but that will probably get picked up closer to publishing. I felt like having the ten day time limit was really good too, because it made it feel more urgent that the suspect was caught.

This is just the first in what I'm sure will be a great series. Can't wait to see more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder.

July 17, 2019 – Started Reading